Do you have any innovative solutions to improve critical social issues locally or globally?
The “HSUHK Innovation Project Competition 2022” (“the Competition”) aims to promote to HSUHK students a culture of innovation and creativity and to raise their awareness of the critical social issues locally or globally. Through training of various modes and selected themes, and a showcase of project proposals through on-stage pitching, the Competition also strives to enrich the student learning experience at HSUHK.
Are you ready to submit your own innovation project?
While you will be awarded a participation certificate, you may also win the following cash prizes:
· Champion: HK$20,000 and an award certificate
· 1st runner-up: HK$10,000 and an award certificate
· 2nd runner-up: HK$5,000 and an award certificate
· 4 special prizes: HK$3,000 and an award certificate
Each project team has to devise an original proposal to address the identified social need(s) or issue(s) relevant to at least one of the following SDGs:
4. Quality Education
9. Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
10. Reduced Inequalities
Participating project teams will be invited to give a 3-minute pitch on their projects at the Pitching Competition on 3 March 2022 (Thursday). The results of the Competition will be announced shortly after the Pitching Competition at the Award Presentation Ceremony. More information about the Pitching Competition and Award Presentation Ceremony will be announced in due course.
The awarded teams will also be recommended to join the Pre-Incubation Programme and HSUHK x SCMP E-Challenge organised by the Wu Jieh Yee Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (WUCIE).
How Can We Submit an Application?
• Participants must form a project team of 2 to 4 students and submit the application form on or before 29 October 2021 (Participating project teams DO NOT need to submit proposals in the application stage).
• At least 50% of their teammates should sign up for all the workshops and activities lined up. The attendance may affect their chance of being shortlisted/ will be shown in the marking sheet.
• After forming your team, please submit the application form through the Online Application Form.
For further details of the competition schedule and guideline, you are welcomed to visit our website.
Should you have any enquiry, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 3963 5011.
We look forward to receiving your application on or before 29 October 2021 (Friday).