SCM3604 - Shipping and Transport Logistics
|Year of Study:||3|
|Prerequisites:||SCM1006 Operations and Supply Chain Management or
SCM2001 Management of Contemporary Business Operations or
SCM3006 Operations and Supply Chain Management
This course provides students with a comprehensive understanding on freight management. The principles and complexities of the freight industry within an operational and business environment are discussed. The advanced skills necessary to implement various mode of freight transport management are provided. This course provides in-depth knowledge for students who wish to develop decision making capabilities in the context of the technical, operational and regulatory aspects of cargo carriage.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- assess, integrate, and apply the acquired knowledge in the field of shipping and transport logistics;
- handle complex phenomena and solve the problems in the context of international shipping;
- select and manage various modes of freight transportation;
- prepare documentations for customs, trading, and security purposes;
- solve strategic and operational issues encountered in daily shipping and logistics business.