SCM3603 - Airfreight Management in Global Supply Chain
|Year of Study:||3|
|Prerequisites:||SCM1006 Operations and Supply Chain Management or
SCM2001 Management of Contemporary Business Operations or
SCM3006 Operations and Supply Chain Management
This course provides students with a comprehensive understanding on the airfreight and air cargo industry. The concept and principles on the airfreight management will be provided as a foundation of the module. The advanced skills in airfreight pricing, cargo load planning and distribution network will be included to allow students in handling airfreight operations and solving problems in the airfreight forwarding industry. This course provides cases for students who wish to develop their capabilities in carrying out decision making process in solving practical problems in the airfreight operations.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- examine the acquired knowledge and latest issues in the field of airfreight industry;
- explain complex phenomena and problems in the context of airfreight pricing management, cargo loading, and network distribution;
- integrate skills and knowledge in airfreight business, operations, models and systems;
- apply cases in airfreight pricing, cargo load planning and distribution network operations issues and understand recent trends in airline industry;
- evaluate strategic and operational issues encountered in airline operations planning.