SCM3602 - Airline Operations and Revenue Management
|Year of Study:||3|
|Prerequisites:||SCM3601 Transportation Planning: Policies, Methods and System|
This course provides students with a comprehensive understanding on the airline industry. The concept and principles on the airline revenue management and operations management will be provided as a foundation of the module. The advanced skills in airline pricing, costing, network analysis, scheduling and operations planning will be included to allow students in handling airline operations and solving problems in the airline industry. This course provides cases for students who wish to develop their capabilities in carrying out decision making process in solving practical problems in the airline operations.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- study and examine the acquired knowledge and latest issues in the field of airline industry;
- explain complex phenomena and problems in the context of airline revenue management and operations management;
- integrate skills and knowledge in airline business, operations, models and systems;
- apply cases in airline pricing, revenue and operations issues and understand recent trends in airline industry;
- evaluate strategic and operational issues encountered in airline operations planning.