CMT3003 - Desktop Publishing
|Year of Study:||3|
|Prerequisites:||CMT1003 Digital Photography|
This module teaches students how to work with different software and media in order to create visually effective products such as newsletters or marketing materials. The topics covered include illustration, graphic communications, layout and design and printing technology.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- use desktop publishing software to develop brochures, handouts, charts, graphs, newsletters and/or reports;
- create and modify basic shapes and lines, along with textures and text in document design;
- apply graphic design as a mean of communication and use software tools to implement effective design strategies;
- use digital imaging software for image manipulation in desktop publishing; and
- prepare projects for printing, which includes layout and design, assembling images, platemaking and graphics preparation.