BJC2001 - News Reporting and Media Writing in English
|Year of Study:
This module aims to introduce students to the basic concepts of English news writing and reporting. It provides an introduction to news style, basic news gathering techniques, the construction of a hard news story and writing techniques.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- define the basic components of the news story;
- command the features and writing techniques of major news genres;
- explain the importance of interview and make appropriate use of computer for research;
- illustrate the importance of photojournalism and explain major news reporting principles; and
- interpret the common ethical problems encountered by reporters.