BJC2001 - 英文新聞報導與媒體寫作
This module aims to introduce students to the basic concepts of English news writing and reporting. It provides an introduction to news style, basic news gathering techniques, the construction of a hard news story and writing techniques.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- define the basic components of the news story;
- command the features and writing techniques of major news genres;
- explain the importance of interview and make appropriate use of computer for research;
- illustrate the importance of photojournalism and explain major news reporting principles; and
- interpret the common ethical problems encountered by reporters.