SCM6001 - Contemporary Operations Management
|Year of Study:
This module aims at introducing the knowledge, skills and techniques related to operations management. Specifically, the module addresses certain contemporary issues in operations management to provide students with the state-of-art view of the operations function to business success.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- design product and process to satisfy customer needs and improve productivity and efficiency of operations;
- understand and optimise business operation and practice using suitable methods;
- evaluate and measure performance of operation system;
- apply appropriate quantitative methods and computer software to make business decisions for various operation issues; and
- identify and examine emerging challenges in contemporary operations management.