MSIM3201 - Database Design and Management
|Year of Study:
|MSIM1201 Programming Methodology
This course provides students a comprehensive framework and practical foundation on the design, implementation and management concepts of database systems. The critical database fundamentals including data query, data integrity, database design, normalization and views, database implementation and administration are covered. In addition, techniques for improving database performance are introduced.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- Describe database management system concepts and architecture
- Apply appropriate relational models for data manipulation and administration
- Design database using modeling techniques, such as normalization, and Entity-Relationship (ER)
- Implement database for real-life problems or cases.
- Identify suitable administration and management approaches for improving database efficiency and interoperability.