MSIM3101 - Management Science
|Year of Study:||2|
The objective of this module is to help students develop an appreciation of the management science approach to problem formulation and solution with the increased use of computers. This module introduces students to various quantitative models applicable to the support of business decision making. Emphasis will be placed on both applications modeling and solution methodology. In addition, it covers spreadsheet programming and techniques for facilitating business decision making and operation processes.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- analyze various types of business problems using suitable management science tools and techniques;
- apply appropriate quantitative models to support the business decision making;
- use computers comfortably to solve real-world business problems;
- interpret, present and display findings and the results; and
- develop and present recommendations or initiatives of business cases by applying management science concepts.