ENG2020 - English for Business Communication
|Year of Study:||2|
This Module is designed to develop students’ basic skills in handling communication in English for various business purposes and in various business contexts. Students will interact with each other in a variety of task-based contextualised activities which provide good opportunities for students to apply and polish their skills for effective business communication. The major emphasis is particularly on their oral and written skills which are essential for their future careers.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- apply their knowledge of principles and skills of effective communication to business contexts;
- develop awareness of cross-cultural differences in social interaction and in business contexts;
- analyse and respond to different types of business texts;
- produce a wide variety of writing required in text genres for business communication; and
- strengthen their speaking skills to interact with others confidently in business situations.