ENG1010 - English for Effective Communication
|Year of Study:
This Module is designed to develop students’ effective communication skills by engaging them in an extended variety of discourses and learning activities. An eclectic approach is adopted, including process-oriented and peer group learning. Content is drawn from themes relevant to the students’ personal, social and academic development as well as local and international current issues. On-line and authentic materials are further utilized to support advanced learning.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- write well-structured texts for academic and non-academic purposes;
- apply reading skills in academic and non-academic purposes;
- present and interact in different situations with confidence;
- listen critically for information and intention; and
- use advanced technology and multi-media to enhance self-directed learning.