CMT4001 - Network and System Administration
|Year of Study:||4|
|Prerequisites:||CMT2002 Principles of Communication Protocols|
This module equips students with the knowledge and skills of design, installation, configuration, operation and support of interconnected computer/multimedia systems. The topics covered include network configuration, routing, storage, backup and security.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- describe the concepts, commands and functions in computer system;
- perform common operation and maintenance of computer system;
- apply scripting techniques to perform system administration tasks;
- setup and configure network services; and
- analyse and implement security measures of computer system.