CMT1004 - Sound Recording
|Year of Study:||1|
This module introduces the basics for the understanding and management of complex sound systems, including recording studios and live sound reinforcement installations. The relevant topics cover audio signal chain, audio transducers such as microphones and loudspeakers, signal flow, basics acoustics and electronics, analogue and digital formats and professional conventions, level and metering.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- arrange signal flows of complex audio systems;
- setup, operate, and manage sound system effectively;
- navigate analogue and digital audio console, and describe DAW architectures;
- differentiate various microphone and loudspeaker types and applications; and
- manipulate audio levels and impedances in complex sound systems.