BJC3113 - Printed Media Practicum
|Year of Study:||3|
|Prerequisites:||BJC1001 News Writing and Reporting in Chinese
BJC2001 News Writing and Reporting in English
This module aims to provide students practical training of printed media. It equips students with practical journalistic know-how and experience. Students will operate the departmental newspaper. The training is designed to further enhance students' interviewing and writing skills, offer students the basic skills of newspaper editing, and enable students to conduct professional integrated application in a simulated newsroom. Students work under direct supervision of an instructor.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- apply the theories and practical norms of journalism;
- integrate practical skills of news gathering, reporting and writing;
- master basic skills of news editing and present editing ideas by utilizing design software;
- identify the concepts and fundamental skills of editorial writing, commentary or column writing; and
- identify the ethics of printed media industry.