BUS2001 - Principles of Marketing
|Year of Study:||2|
|Prerequisites:||BUS1002 Principles of Management or with the Instructor’s permission and upon endorsement of the relevant Head of Department and Programme Director|
This module is designed to familiarise students with the basic concepts in marketing. Major topics include analysis of marketing opportunities, design of a customer-driven strategy, management of an integrated marketing mix (4Ps) to create value and build customer relationships, application of marketing principles to specific settings, such as services markets, international markets and internet markets, and appreciation of pertinent social and ethical issues.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- understand the role of marketing;
- collect information for effective marketing planning;
- formulate a marketing strategy for competitive advantage;
- make relevant decisions concerning marketing mix elements: product, price, place and promotion;
- develop, implement and control a marketing plan; and
- evaluate the social impacts and ethical implications of marketing.