BJC4114 - Chinese Economy and Financial Market for Business Journalism
|Year of Study:||4|
|Prerequisites:||BJC 3101 Introduction to Business Journalism|
Chinese economy and financial market are important areas for all kinds of journalists, especially business journalists. This module aims to provide students with an understanding of the knowledge of the development of Chinese economy and the functions of the financial system in the Chinese economy with a critical perspective. Students will learn how to exercise judgment on identifying and analysing the types of business and financial events which are worthy of coverage in contemporary China and understand how to interpret these events and how to report them creatively.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- critically identify and analyse the development and current trends of Chinese Economy and Financial Market ;
- interpret economic data related to China and explain the significance of the data for a general readership coverage;
- explain the functions of financial markets in China and the significance of the movement of those financial markets;
- critically identify financial & business events worthy of news coverage in China and reporting them using non-technical language; and
- critically identify and analyse the ethical issues in reporting business news in China.