BJC3001 - Communication Research Methods
|Year of Study:
|BJC2002 Communication Theories
or with the Instructor’s permission and upon endorsement of the relevant Chairperson and Programme Director
This module provides students with an understanding of the theoretical principles and methodologies applied in mass communication research. Students will learn to apply such methods to improve their critical thinking, reading and writing skills.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- define the relationship between empiricism, positivism, critical scholarship and demonstrate process of the communication research;
- explain the difference between reliability and validity;
- illustrate the types of literature review and the skills needed for a good literature review;
- explain with examples the basic steps and characteristics of the major research methods; and
- critically evaluate the ethical questions involved in communication research.