ENG1010 - English for Effective Communication
|Year of Study:||1|
This Module is designed to lay a comprehensive English language foundation needed for university studies. It focuses on enhancing students’ competence in reading, writing, listening and speaking; as well as sharpening students’ skills at overall thought and expression. Students will engage in integrated and communicative tasks and group learning activities, which provide ample opportunities to apply the language skills. Coursework consists of critical reading, essay writing and group presentation.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- write well-structured texts for specific purposes;
- apply reading skills in academic and non-academic purposes;
- present and interact in different situations with confidence;
- listen critically for information and intention; and
- use multi-media technology to enhance self-directed learning.