AIN2620 - International Insurance Principles and Markets
|Year of Study:||2 - 4|
This module explores the role of insurance in risk management in an international context. Topics include: concepts and principles of risk management and insurance; insurance industry environment; international regulatory framework of insurance; functions of insurance companies; types of insurance products; administration in insurance companies; and overseas and China market development.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- describe the concepts and principles of insurance;
- identify and analyse various administrative, regulatory and ethical insurance practice;
- understand the features of different types of insurance;
- demonstrate knowledge of underwriting and claim procedures; and
- show an understanding of the international market development.