SCM6003 - Transport Logistics and Law
|Year of Study:||1 or 2|
|Prerequisites:||SCM6002 Global Supply Chain Management|
This course integrates comprehensive freight transport logistics management and the legal knowledge in shipment delivery. This course focuses on teaching the technical, operational and regulatory aspects of cargo carriage, and equips students with managerial skills in making strategic decisions on pricing, costing and operations in freight management. Latest trends, policies and technologies that affect various aspects of transport logistics and major stakeholders will also be discussed in the course.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- discuss and evaluate current issues in transport logistics and law;
- examine factors impacting strategic decisions on multimodal transport;
- integrate skills and knowledge in different areas of transport logistics to better manage a supply chain;
- apply trading terms, legal knowledge and claims procedure in shipping contracts and disputes; and
- solve complex and dynamic transport logistics problems.