Senior Management Committee
The Senior Management Committee which shall be the principal administrative body regulating all administrative affairs of the University.
I. Membership Composition
Provost and Vice-Presidents;
Administrative or Academic Unit Heads appointed by the President
Head of Secretariat
II. Terms of Reference
The Senior Management Committee (SMC) advises the President on matters relating to the strategic planning and development as well as management of the University. When deem appropriate and necessary by the President, the Committee will act collectively on such matters,
- To act collectively in ensuring the effective leadership and management of the University;
- To develop/implement strategic and operation plans and associated financial plans for the University;
- To develop/implement University policies and associated procedures in financial planning and control, resource allocation and staffing matters;
- To consider and endorse financial proposals including adjustment to remuneration package and tuition fee level of all undergraduate programmes, and to make appropriate recommendations to the Finance Committee and/ or Council;
- To consider and approve Residential College fees and related charges, tuition fee level of all taught postgraduate programmes which are within the Council’s approved minimum benchmark fee level, and other fees deemed appropriate as advised by the President;
- To consider and advise on all aspects of campus facilities relating to development, maintenance, renovation, and utilisation from a policy perspective;
- To receive annual reports from its Standing Committees, Administrative and Academic Support Offices as requested by the President; and
- To provide advice on any matters as referred by the President and undertake any other tasks as requested by the President.