SCM4601 - Airport and Air Cargo Terminal Operations Management
|SCM1006 Operations and Supply Chain Management or
SCM2001 Management of Contemporary Business Operations or
SCM3006 Operations and Supply Chain Management
This course provides students with an in-depth understanding on the airport and air cargo terminals operations management. The business and operations on the airport infrastructure, air traffic, airspace, airfield and cargo terminal operations will be provided as a foundation of the module. The advanced skills in air traffic planning, pricing analysis and operations modelling will be included to allow students in solving problems in air transport. This course provides practical knowledge for students who wish to develop decision making and problem solving capabilities in the context of airport and air cargo terminal operations management.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- assess and examine the knowledge and recent development in the field of airport and air cargo terminal operations management;
- handle complex phenomena and problems in the context of airport and air cargo terminal management;
- acquire skills in air airport and air cargo terminal operations, models and systems;
- practice cases in airport planning and air cargo terminal operations issues and understand recent trends in air transportation;
- solve strategic and operational issues encountered in airport and air cargo terminal operations management.