AMS1303 - Probability and Statistics
|先修單元:||Exclusion: STA1001 Mathematics and Statistics or STA2001 Statistical Analysis for Business|
This module provides students with the basic probability and statistical knowledge and skills needed to analyse and interpret data for practical applications. Topics are selected including descriptive statistics, probability theory and distributions, estimation, hypothesis testing and regression analysis. Applications to real-life problems are provided.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- analyse data by using simple statistical measures and statistical graphs;
- understand the basic probability theory and distributions and apply them to business problems;
- understand the ideas of estimation and perform hypothesis tests in business problems;
- understand the basic theory of simple linear regression and multiple regression; and
- perform statistical analysis with computer software and/or interpret the computer output.