GEN3007 - Economics and Ethics
|先修單元:||GEN1000 Perspectives on General Education|
This module examines issues arisen at the intersection between economics and ethics. Through argumentation and examples, students are guided to see how understanding ethics can improve economic analysis, how understanding economics can enhance ethical reasoning, and how economic analysis can be integrated with ethical reasoning to better understand public policy. Selected topics for discussion are rationality, welfare, justice, liberty and rights. At the end of this module, students should be able to enrich their moral reasoning and are able to rationally present their own views and interpretations on different issues in economics and ethics.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- describe the nature, method and scope of intersecting topics between economics and ethics;
- examine key questions and answers of economics and ethics;
- explain and critically evaluate various thoughts of economics and ethics;
- develop their own arguments and answers of the study object;
- engage in debates of the study object in a rational manner.