FIN3008 - Advanced Life Contingencies
|先修單元:||FIN3007 Introductory Life Contingencies
or with the Instructor’s permission and upon endorsement of the relevant Head and Programme Director
This module builds on the introductory module of life contingencies. It aims to develop the knowledge of the theoretical basis of certain actuarial models and the application of those models to insurance and other financial risks. Topics covered include determination of benefit premium and benefit reserves for life insurance and annuities, analysis of insurance loss random variables, and theory of life contingences for multiple lives.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- determine benefit premiums for life insurance and annuities;
- determine benefit reserves for life insurance and annuities;
- analyse benefit reserves for life insurance and annuities;
- apply theory of life contingencies for multiple lives; and
- evaluate life insurance policies in a risk management context.