STA1001 - Mathematics and Statistics
This module aims to provide a basic mathematical for all business students so that they can appreciate the beauty of mathematical application to business decision problems.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- apply differentiation or matrix operation to handle business problems;
- analyse data by using simple statistical measures and statistical graphs;
- ascertain the probability of certain events;
- identify and apply the probability distributions of discrete and continuous random variates; and
- apply computer software to handle the above problems.