MGT1001 - Introduction to Business
This module is designed to provide students with a preliminary and comprehensive understanding of the business world. Topics include the external and internal environment faced by modern business and the various aspects of business operation.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- describe the inter-relationship between environmental variables and modern business;
- explain the different business functions and their role played in a business operation;
- classify the major principles and practices of business;
- identify the trends and future challenges for business; and
- formulate a simple business plan with creativity and synthesis of a wide range of information for the purpose of business success.