GEN2003 - Ethics
This module introduces students to ethical theories and moral philosophy in Chinese and Western traditions. It will examine a range of ethical issues in today’s society, such as abortion, euthanasia, death penalty, cloning, animal rights and sexuality morality. Students will learn to analyse and evaluate the relevant arguments through the use of critical thinking skills and sound ethical reasoning.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- describe the nature, methods and theories of ethics and moral philosophy;
- explain and evaluate various theories of ethics;
- identify and criticize key ethical issues;
- develop their own ethical theories and answer to ethical questions; and
- engage in moral debate in a rational manner.