BJC2111 - Digital Photojournalism
This module aims to provide students with an understanding of the theoretical and practical issues of journalism and communication, the basic concepts of journalism and the professional duties of a journalist. This module will also help students to build a substantial foundation for further study in these fields through developing knowledge, understanding and practical capacity.
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this module, students should be able to: Weighting (if applicable)
- distinguish the elements of journalism in media industry and identify the key of the communication process shared by all branches of communication study;
- illustrate the criteria for selecting and making judgment in news production and information exchange , identify what makes news from a journalist’s point of view;
- identify and critically analyse the ethical issues for the journalists and communicators, seek other guidance of ethical consideration which is appropriate for the journalists and communicators from a professional point of view;
- identify the main dimensions of verbal and nonverbal communication and the communication process relevant to their specialty or option; and
- evaluate the impact of informative technology on journalism, maintain the professional standard of journalists, identify a communication model that is relevant to their specialty or option