BJC4201 - 說服傳播
|先修單元:||BJC2002 Communication Theories|
This module deals with many of the most common social communication contexts for persuasion and also offers materials to help students improve their skill in creating persuasive messages and in critically evaluating the persuasive messages of social communicators. The module will look at persuasion used by political activists and will also examine the perspective on how the media helps make persuaders more powerful and on how the media itself exercises power through advertising, news, and entertainment formats.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- describe persuasion in particular social contexts and with particular applications;
- illustrate the characteristics and process of persuasive communication;
- critically explain major persuasion theories, strategies, and techniques;
- identify emotional appeals in persuasive messages in local mass media; and
- apply relevant ethical standards to different types of persuasions in our mediated society.