BJC4101 - 商業新聞編輯
|先修單元:||BJC3103 Business and Financial News Reporting and Writing
or with the Instructor’s permission and upon endorsement of the relevant Chairperson and Programme Director
This module aims at helping students to grasp the essential elements of copy editing, headline writing, and preparation of news for publication. It also provides students with an understanding of the theoretical and practical issues underlying the production of newspapers.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- explain the role of editors and identify content of business stories for news worthiness;
- develop the ability of efficiency and accuracy to select, modify and combine business articles;
- demonstrate competence in business news editing and the use of headlines;
- evaluate the qualities of graphic / photos / video in business news stories;
- produce editorial designs by using News Editing tools.