BJC1011 - 新聞及傳播導論
This module aims to provide students with an understanding of the theoretical and practical issues of journalism and communication, the basic concepts of journalism and the professional duties of a journalist. This module will also help students to build a substantial foundation for further study in these fields through developing knowledge, understanding and practical capacity.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- distinguish the elements of journalism in media industry and identify the key of the communication process shared by all branches of communication study;
- illustrate the criteria for selecting and making judgment in news production and information exchange , identify what makes news from a journalist’s point of view;
- identify and critically analyze the ethical issues for the journalists and communicators, seek other guidance of ethical consideration which is appropriate for the journalists and communicators from a professional point of view;
- identify the main dimensions of verbal and nonverbal communication and to communication process relevant to their specialty or option; and
- evaluate the impact of informative technology on journalism, maintain the professional standard of journalists, identify a communication model that is relevant to their specialty or option