SCM6012 - Supply Chain Finance and Risk Management
|年級:||1 or 2|
|先修單元:||Basic knowledge on Accounting and Financial Management|
Supply Chain Finance (SCF) and Risk Management are the keys to the success of contemporary supply chains, especially for global supply chains which comprise of both large corporations, as well as small and medium enterprises (SMEs). SCF has advanced from traditional bilateral trading activity between buyer and seller, to an ecosystem of close bonding among supply chain parties to facilitate multi-lateral trading and cash flow optimization. Besides, today’s global supply chain can be vulnerable to all sizes of risks happen at any point of the supply chain. Any supply chain partner’s failure or an external event can disrupt the complex supply chain completely. This module introduces the principles, importance and management of these two areas. Cases studies are included to develop students’ analytic and problem-solving abilities in facing supply chain risks and financial difficulties. Finally, the integration of SCF and risk management is discussed.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
1. Comprehend the importance of supply chain finance and risk management in global trading and supply chain;
2. Identify various supply chain risk issues and effects;
3. Apply supply chain finance solutions appropriately;
4. Manage and mitigate various kinds of supply chain risk; and
5. Integrate SCF and risk management solutions to enhance supply chain performance.