MSIM4301 - Enterprise Business Applications
|先修單元:||SCM 2001 Management of Contemporary Business Operations & MSIM 3201 Database Design and Management|
This module focuses on the study of enterprise applications, particularly enterprise resources planning (ERP) systems, which span various functional areas, and execute business processes across business firms at all levels of management. Under Information Systems and Business Management, this module covers the critical issues including business processes integration, single comprehensive data repository storage, sharing of information, and use of ERP applications in organizational context for daily operations, decision makings, and knowledge management. During the computer lab sessions, students, with the aid of the state-of-the-art Information Systems & Technology (IST), can gain a comprehensive hands-on experience of ERP system, which is crucial for the graduates of BMSIM and enables them to acquire the skills in enterprise application design and management.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- analyze the effects of various information technology infrastructures on current business development, decision makings, and knowledge management;
- explain the fundamental concepts in business process and process integration, and the requirements of enterprise resource planning, including its functions and capabilities, as well as the critical success issues;
- apply the core methods, architecture, and tools of ERP systems for building comprehensive information and management strategy to analyse business processes
- develop skills and techniques of applying and integrating appropriate components and functions of the state-of-the-art ERP systems.
- integrate management science theories into ERP systems, and develop customized applications to fulfil business needs.