GEN2023 - Religions and Human Spiritual Quest in the Contemporary World
|先修單元:||GEN1000 Perspectives on General Education|
Religions deal with the fundamental concern of the meaning of human existence. Does life really have any meaning-any real meaning-or do we just live and die in a small frame of a pointless, accidental cycle of the universe? In such concerns we are dealing with the spiritual quest of our human consciousness with a history of religions. In this module, students are invited to explore (i) human engagement with what is considered to be the realm of sacred; (ii) its expression in thought, action/practices and social forms; (iii) its path of ultimate transformation.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- describe the nature, methodology and scope of theories of religion;
- identify key questions and answers of the study object from an inter-disciplinary approach.
- explain and critically evaluate various thoughts of religious traditions;
- develop their own argument, answer and experience to the questions of the study object;
- integrate the knowledge acquired from the module with daily life