GEN2022 - Self and the Meaning of Life
|先修單元:||GEN1000 Perspectives on General Education|
This module aims to help students to inquire into the concept of self and its relation to the meaning of life. It is to be done by reading critically the works of great thinkers from East and West in psychology, philosophy and religion. Students investigate how the concepts of self of these thinkers shape the meaning of life. The integration of what students learn in class with daily life are emphasized in the module.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- describe the nature, method and scope of psychology, philosophy and religion in regard to the conception of “self”;
- identify key questions and answers of the study object from different disciplines;
- explain and critically evaluate various thoughts of famous thinkers;
- develop their own arguments and answers to the questions of the study object;
- integrate the knowledge acquired from the module with their own meaning of life.