GEN1002 - Fundamentals of Public Administration
This module introduces students to public administration as an academic discipline as well as a field of practice. It will familiarise students with the major controversial issues in Hong Kong, and the knowledge of the operations of public agencies and public policy process.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- identify and analyze the dynamics of public administration;
- examine various theoretical approaches of public administration and public policy;
- analyze and evaluate the core functions of public administration with regard to public personnel administration, financial management and budgeting, and decision making;
- evaluate ethical issues in public administration;
- review forces of globalization and challenges of public administration in the 21st century; and
- analyse major and controversial issues in the public administration of Hong Kong.