FIN4011 - Actuarial Models
|先修單元:||FIN3008 Advanced Life Contingencies
or with the Instructor’s permission and upon endorsement of the relevant Head and Programme Director
This module builds on the two modules of life contingencies. It aims to consolidate the knowledge of the theoretical basis of certain actuarial models and the application of those models to insurance and other financial risks. Topics covered include multiple decrement models, insurance models with expenses, the Poisson process, and multi-state cash flow models. Students are required to use a range of methods in actuarial science to analyse and solve real-world problems.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- explain multiple life theory;
- apply multiple decrement theory to insurance and pension;
- analyse insurance models including expenses;
- apply Poisson process in actuarial studies; and
- apply multi-state cash flow models in actuarial studies.