FIN3004 - Corporate Finance
|先修單元:||FIN2001 Financial Management or with the Instructor’s permission and upon endorsement of the relevant Head and Programme Director|
This module focuses on financial decision making in the modern corporation and serves as a continuation of FIN2001. Topics like capital structure, dividend policy, merger and acquisition, initial public offerings, corporate governance, hybrid financing, and financial distress will be addressed.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- define and explain issues of capital structure, dividend policy and leasing versus purchase policy, merger and acquisition, hybrid financing, financial distress, and liquidation and reorganisation;
- describe and apply models which have been proposed to illuminate these issues;
- demonstrate the ability to solve related numerical problems;
- identify the evolution of the debate surrounding these issues;
- categorise differing opinions and positions in these debates;
- interpret key financial issues one to another, to associated theory and to the preferences and expectations of key stakeholders; and
- apply appropriate theory to questions and problems.