ACY4106 - PRC Company Law 中國公司法
|先修單元:||ACY2021 Hong Kong Business Law
This module aims to provide students with an understanding of the basic principles and some key aspects of PRC company law from comparative perspective, including historical background of the law, main types of companies, their organizational structure and incorporation process, articles of association, corporate finance, with emphasis on issues relating to corporate governance. Upon completion of this module, students are expected to acquire basic understanding of legal issues they can expect to encounter in PRC business environment, and to develop practical solutions.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- interpret the legal system of PRC including the evolution of PRC company law and identify sources of PRC company law;
- understand the nature and constitution of companies and identify the different types of companies under PRC company law in relation to their formation process and organizational structure;
- identify, analyze, and evaluate major issues relating to corporate governance in PRC company law and understand the roles of chief corporate officers and the interplay among various internal organizations of PRC companies;
- apply theoretical framework and provisions of PRC company law in constructing arguments and developing practical solutions to real-life company law problems; and
- evaluate the revision of PRC company law in 2005 and the trend of future development of PRC company law.