ACY3101 - Corporate Governance 1企業管治（一）
This module aims to provide students with an understanding of the key principles and foundations of corporate governance. Corporate Governance emerges on the global agenda for corporations in pursuit of a viable and sustainable business entity. In essence it is about how a company is directed and steered. On completion of this module, students are expected to have acquired an understanding of various theories and models of corporate governance as well as international best practices.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- understand various theories and principles pertaining to corporate governance;
- examine various models of governance in different countries - and understand how a system of corporate governance evolves;
- be conversant with the key issues and emerging themes of corporate governance;
- Promulgate corporate governance principles and best practices in the boardroom and the organization; and
- understand and apply the concepts of probity and ethical standards in governance and corporate social responsibility.