MAT1001 - Linear Algebra and Applications
This module introduces methods and concepts in linear algebra which are often used in the study of statistics and business.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- understand the concept and theory of linear algebra;
- develop a dynamic and graphical view of matrix-vector multiplication;
- understand the basic concept of vector spaces;
- understand the basic concept of eigenvalues and eigenvectors;
- apply the Gram-Schmidt orthogonalization process; and
- use computer software to solve the basic mathematical and numerical problems in linear algebra and appreciate the application of linear algebra in statistics.