GEN1007 - Psychology and Life
Psychology provides a broad discipline studying and explaining human behaviour and the complexities of human interactions. This module aims to facilitate students’ self-understanding and comprehension of others’ behaviour. It emphasises the scientific study of behavioural and mental processes.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- identify and review the basic philosophy, principles, methods, research and appreciations of psychology;
- apply psychological principles to personal, social, and organisational issues;
- develop insights into their own and others’ behaviour and mental processes and apply effective strategies to self-management and self-improvement;
- emerge with realistic ideas on how to implement their psychological knowledge, skills, and values in a variety of applied settings; and
- critically evaluate how different psychological processes are relevant to our everyday life.