SCM4302 - Carriage of Goods Law in HK & China
|Year of Study:||4|
|Prerequisites:||SCM3202 Global Logistics Management or
with the Instructor’s permission and upon endorsement of the relevant Chairperson and Programme Director
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to the carriage of goods law in HK & China. A major focus is on how to introduce the practical legal knowledge in carriage of goods law by sea, air and multimodal transportation. In addition, students will develop the skill in using the legal method to resolve legal problems.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- describe and identify the key characteristics of the carriage of goods law in HK & China in achieving strategic goals of firms;
- draft proposals, establish schedules and implement carriage of goods plans in any realm of business;
- describe and identify the role and responsibility of a logistic executive, and apply carriage of goods principles and techniques to different business situations;
- establish budgets and assign resources, monitor and control progress, and evaluate the carriage of goods; and
- generate a higher productivity level in work by effectively deploying the carriage of goods law in HK & China.