MSIM3104 - Project Management
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to project management. A major focus is on how to manage various projects to successful completion within the constraints of resources and time. Included in the contents are the frameworks for proposal writing and planning, monitoring and controlling, and performance evaluation. Various project management techniques are covered including PERT/CPM and project control.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- describe and identify the key characteristics of a project and the project management principles and techniques in achieving strategic goals of firms;
- draft proposals, establish schedules and implement project plans in any realm of business;
- describe and identify the role and responsibility of a project manager, and apply project management principles and techniques to different business situations;
- establish budgets and assign resources, monitor and control progress, and evaluate and audit performance of various projects; and
- generate a higher productivity level in work by effectively using project management.