FIN4002 - Fixed Income Securities
|Year of Study:||3-4|
|Prerequisites:||FIN2001 Financial Management or with the Instructor’s permission and upon endorsement of the relevant Head and Programme Director|
This module explores the characteristics of various fixed-income securities and the methods for analysing them.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- analyse and price fixed income securities;
- identify the circumstances that fixed-income securities are useful diversification tool;
- assess whether fixed-income securities are suitable for different investors;
- apply information inferred from fixed income securities markets to form their market views; and
- devise trading strategies subject to different market conditions.