BUS3004 - Sales Force Management
|Year of Study:||3|
|Prerequisites:||BUS2001 Principles of Marketing or with the Instructor’s permission and upon endorsement of the relevant Head and Programme Director|
This module highlights the knowledge and skills in managing a sales force by integrating the knowledge in marketing strategies and human resources management. It is designed to incorporate the latest sales management theory and practice. Recognising the dynamic nature of marketing environment, this module tries to cover four broad areas of sales force management, namely strategic, operational, human, and ethical.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- describe the strategic role of sales force management;
- conduct sales forecast and planning;
- employ information technology in personal selling and building customer relationship;
- deploy appropriate level of sales force and proper way of organising;
- design a sales management programme that encompasses the recruitment, selection, training, motivation and compensation of salespersons;
- assess the performance of the sales force; and
- identify the key ethical issues in personal selling.