ACY4004 - Auditing and Assurance 2
|Year of Study:||4|
|Prerequisites:||ACY3004 Auditing and Assurance 1|
This is the second part of the linked modules (ACY3004 and ACY4004). This module continues with the audit process: the completion stage of the audit as well as audit opinions and reporting. Special audit areas and situations are covered, including the impact of IT on auditing, using the work of others, auditing of accounting estimates and related parties, auditing of group entities and first audit engagement. Students are introduced to other assurance and non-assurance engagements as well as contemporary issues in auditing and assurance.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- develop and implement audit procedures in the completion stage of audit, including going concern and subsequent events review;
- conclude appropriate audit opinion and prepare audit report for a given set of circumstances;
- handle special audit areas and situations, design and implement appropriate audit procedures for these areas and situations;
- understand other assurance and non-assurance engagements;
- discuss and keep abreast of contemporary issues in auditing and assurance; and
- analyse business information and apply multi-disciplinary knowledge to solve auditing related problems, and present ideas and solutions by using communication and presentation techniques.