ACY3021 - Hong Kong Company Law
|Year of Study:||3|
|Prerequisites:||ACY2021 Hong Kong Business Law|
This module aims to provide students with an understanding of the basic principles of company law including the formation of company, records, share and loan capital, management and administration, reconstruction and amalgamation, liquidation and receivership. On completion of this module, students should be able to solve some of the legal problems in practical business situations.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- evaluate competence of directors and the board of directors as a decision- making mechanism;
- develop practical solutions to issues in real-life company law problems;
- compare and balance the interest of the company, shareholders and creditors;
- evaluate the accountability of directors to shareholders; and
- assess the effectiveness of corporate disclosure.